- Students seeking admission to the higher classes shall be subjected to a competitive entrance test, provided they meet the age requirements.
- Students who join the school have to produce the Municipal Birth Certificate in support of the date of birth entered in the Admission Form. The admission of student from unrecognized schools shall not be entertained as per departmental rules.
- Candidates who have attended any recognised school shall not be admitted without a Leaving Certificate from the school last attended. If they come from a school outside the State of Maharashtra, the Leaving Certificate has to be countersigned by the Inspector of the Division in which the school is situated.
- Admission fees & tuition fees once paid are not refundable.
- Student once admitted cannot be withdrawn without a month's notice.
- Students who fail to submit their application for leaving certificate on scheduled dates mentioned at the end of the academic year will be liable to pay 1/2 yearly fees for the next academic year.
- Leaving Certificates shall not be issued unless all school dues are paid and all books and articles belonging to the school are returned.
- The Principal reserves the right to suspend or dismiss any student if his/her behaviour or progress is unsatisfactory.
- Prior permission of the Head should be taken to meet the teacher on week days.
- There may be a rise in the school fees from time to time.
- On days of 'Bandh' the school management cannot declare the day as a holiday. It is the responsibility of the parents to bring the child to school and take her/him back. Parents should wait and find out about the timings of the classes for that day.
- "We remember our students have parents."
- Parents are requested to co-operate with the school by working side by side with it towards the growth and development of the child/school and we look forward to their encouragement.
- Regular hours of study at home help children to develop proper study habits.
- The school shall be sending messages for the class meetings through the students, Parents are requested to look into these and attend them promptly. Their absence will be taken as a consent of the topics discussed during the meeting.
- Private tuitions shall not be encouraged. Private tutors may not be engaged except when the sanction of the Principal is obtained. The school staff, therefore, doesn't take private tuitions without the permission of the management.
- Parents are requested to seek permission from the Principal before meeting their wards or their teachers during school hours.
- Parents are expected to be very particular to see that their children return home immediately after school hours, except on days when they stay on for co-curricular activities. It may be noted that the responsibility of the school authorities ceases immediately after school hours.
- Any change in the residential address or telephone number may please be immediately notified to the School authorities.
- Parents / Guardian are given to understand that the management has a right to decide the conditions to admit or retain students in their school.
- The Principal/ School Managing Committee reserves the right to suspend or dismiss any student if his/her behavior or progress is unsatisfactory.
- Any activity of the parent against the school shall call for dismissal of the student.
Principal / Management shall meet the parents by prior appointment only on Monday at R'Nagar between 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday at Rajarampuri between 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. only. The Principal / Management will not be available on other week days.
- UNIFORMS :
On school days and at school functions the student should wear a clean,
pressed, ironed school uniform which is as follows.
Girls/Boys : Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday - Green Semi Coat
and Pant / Skirt with White shirt, Black shoes, Cream socks with Identity
Wednesday : Scouts / Guides Uniform. Scout-Black Socks, Guides-White Socks.
Saturday : House shorts and white T-shirts, white canvas shoes and
On all physical education and sports day the students - boys and girls shall wear white tennis shoes and the complete sports outfit.
The Scouts & Guides must necessarily be in the scout / Guide uniform according to the time-table
- ACCESSORIES :
a) Students are not allowed to bring mobiles, cameras, cd's, i-pods etc.
to the school. They will be confiscated if found.
b) Students are not allowed to wear any ornaments or bring any valuable
articles to the school. These shall be confiscated.
a) Personal hygiene and cleanliness shall be laid stress on.
b) Nails, hair etc. should properly and regularly be cut/ trimmed as per
the directions of the school authorities.
- School is very particular about students personal cleanliness and
uniform. It reserves the right to punish students violating the above
rules to confiscate items that do not conform to set pattern, to take such
measures as it thinks fit to enforce the above rules and requirements
and to bring the dress and uniform in conformity therewith.
- SCHOOL HOURS :
Pre-Primary : 8.50 a.m. to 12.00 and 8.50 to 1.00 pm Primary and Secondary : 7.50 a.m. to 2.00 p.m.
- All students must be in school by 7.45 a.m. At the warning bell, at 7.50
a.m. all must take their place in classrooms or form in for assembly.
- No student who has been absent from the school or is late for the first period
shall be admitted to the class, without the Principal's permission.
- Irregular attendance, missing classes and extra classes, unjustified or
unexplained absence, habitual idleness, disobedience or objectionable
moral influence justify dismissal.
Students are responsible to the school authorities for their conduct both in and outside the school. Hence, misbehaviour and / or using of foul language in the school and outside or on roads and in public conveyance is a just cause for dismissal.
- Running, playing or shouting inside the school building is not allowed.
- When the students move along the corridors and when they are on the
staircases, they are expected to walk in silence and in single file, keeping
to the left.
- Any kind of damage done on the school premises will have to be made
good by the student concerned.
- Any change made in the entries made by staff-members in report-cards and other school records will be dealt with seriously and may amount to even rustication.
- No books, newspapers, periodicals etc. except text or library books,
may be brought to the school.
- All must speak English in the school.
- Children must carry their own dry lunch / tiffin boxes to school to school.
No dabbawala or servants.
- Every student should endeavour to keep up the high tone and good
name of this school, by excelling in fine manners and deportment.
- Any activity of the parent against the school shall call for dismissal of
- Parents must understand that they cannot dictate terms to the
Management. The management has the right to decide on what
conditions they will admit or retain students in their institution.
- Parents will have to adhere to changes if any, in the standard terms
and conditions of the school from time to time, as circumstances may
- The Class Teacher, The clerk, Principal or the Management have to be informed, if the student remain absent due to illness etc.
- Children suffering from an infectious disease shall not be allowed to attend the school. A doctor's certificate that the student is free from infection should be sent with him when he begins to attend the school, Chicken Pox, measles, typhoid, jauudice, mumps, herpes etc., require a three weeks stay at home, since that is the medically prescribed incubation period for these illnesses. In case of chronic diseases or any serious illness the classteachers / sports teacher, bus / rickshawmama have to be informed in writing with supportive documents.
- Absence on the reopening / closing day of the school atterthe vacations or during the school terms renders the students to pay the fine set by the school authorities.
- Absence on 15th August & 26th January renders the student to pay the
fine set by the School authorities.
- No leave of absence is granted during school terms.
- All fees are to be paid strictly on the dates prescribed by the school
- If fees are not paid according to given schedule of each installment then
the students is liable to be sent home.
- To ensure safety, the authorities will appreciate the payment of school
dues by crossed and other cheques.
- Tuition / Term Fees are to be remitted in Kolhapur Public School Office.
only School remittance counterfoils to be pasted on Page No. 65.
- The school will not be responsible for loss of cash or cheques sent
through the children, the Bus Driver or Attendant of the bus.
- The school will not be responsible for any fees paid to the Bus Driver
any Representive of the School.
- The rates are subject to change. Children using the bus service one way shall be charged full rates.
- Bus arrangements, once made, are valid for the complete term. Bus charges are to be paid in the Kolhapur Public School office only. The school will not be responsible for any fees paid to the Bus Driver any Representive of the School.
- There will be terminal and annual examinations every year and reports
intimating the results of these will be issued to the parents at the end of
each term. Regular tests shall be administered and parents informed of
the children's progress accordingly. These tests will be compulsory and
leave of absence from them shall not be granted. They form a necessary
part of the consolidated results at the time of the student's Promotion.
- Fifty percent shall be required to pass in every test in each subject in
order to be promoted to the next class at the end of year.
- Any student found using unfair means shall be debarred from appearing
for the rest of the examination and consequently, shall be detained in his
class and rusticated from the school.
- Application for the verification of marks in special cases will be
considered at the discretion of the Principal.
- Promotion of students will depend not only on the final report but also
on the result of the terminal examination, the mid-term tests and the
progress made throughout the year.
- The final assessment of the pupil for promotion will be based on -
Assignment, Orals, Quires etc.
In classes I to IX to pass the exam., a candidate must obtain not less than 50% in each of the subjects.
The students are not awarded ranks, instead grades will be awarded.
- Surprise tests will be taken at the subject teachers wish.
- If, for a valid and acceptable reason, a student is not able to appear for a whole or a part of an examination, his case will be considered on the strength of the year's record.
- A student who fails to be promoted twice will have to discontinue his studies in the school.
- Promotion, once refused, shall under no circumstances be reconsidered.